Enter the National History Challenge for your chance to win some exciting prizes, including a trip to Canberra. The 2016 national winners visited the Museum of Australian Democracy in November. Listen to the winning students participating in the 1975! Prime Minister Dismissed learning program.
All students who participate in the National History Challenge receive a Certificate of Participation. The following prizes are awarded to entries judged to be winners at State and National Level.
State year level winners:
- $200 cash, NHC medallion.*
National year level winners:
- $300 cash, medallion and travel to Canberra to receive the medallion at the National Presentation (travel to Canberra is not offered to winners in the Primary 1 category)
State Special category winners:
- $200 cash, NHC medallion
National Special Category winners:
- $300 cash, a medallion and travel to Canberra to receive the medallion at the National Presentation.
State young historian winners**:
- A Young Historian trophy and travel to Canberra to receive a Commonwealth Medallion at the National Presentation.
National young historian winner***:
- $1,000 cash, a medallion and travel to Canberra to receive the medallion at the National Presentation
*Primary 1 (up to Year 4) winners receive a Book Token and a NHC medallion. There is no national winner in this Year Level.
**State Young Historians will be selected from either the Special Category or Year Level winners.
***National Young Historian/Historians will be selected from the State Young Historian winners.