The National History Challenge is a nationally recognised competition with a focus of engaging students in historical research. As well as building historical literacy the Challenge develops student confidence and creativity.
Involve your students
- Register your students online at the National History Challenge website.
- The challenge can be entered by individual students, a whole class or school.
- Every student who attempts historical research relating to the theme is entitled to a participation certificate.
- Participation can form part of student assessment. Alternatively you may have existing assessment tasks which can be submitted as entries.
- Teachers who facilitate participation will receive a certificate to add to their professional development portfolio at the completion of the challenge.
The Museum of Australian Democracy special category on ‘Democracy’ links to three areas in the Australian Curriculum.
In general students will:
- Use and evaluate a range of primary and secondary sources. A primary document study forms part of the requirements for entries.
- Demonstrate effective written communication skills, creativity and problem-solving.
- Evaluate others’ views in order to develop and argue their own.
- Reference written and visual material used in their entries.